The release of a movie tie-in product is rarely worthy of mention – after all, if you can just wander into your local 7-11 and see the latest soda can bedazzled with whatever superhero movie is coming out next, it certainly doesn’t need to be reported – but this one is a bit different. It’s certainly more delicious than most.
In honor of Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (which has really been a heck of a commercial terror as of late, seventy-plus Dodge Durango commercials and all), Paramount Pictures and Ben & Jerry’s have just announced that the premium ice cream maker has created a limited batch of delicious dessert, “Scotchy Scotch Scotch.” No one wants to eat anything that tastes like mahogany.
The flavor is a simple enough one – butterscotch ice cream with butterscotch swirls – which seems to both please and flummox “Ron Burgundy” (who continues to respond in press releases and books, despite just being a character). “Burgundy” (I mean, really) said of the flavor in today’s press release, “Scotchy, Scotch, Scotch is a delicious ice cream and I hope Ben and Jerry consider my other suggestions. Malt liquor marshmallow, well liquor bourbon peanut butter, and cheap white wine sherbet.” Yum.
The new flavor is already available at some Ben & Jerry’s scoop shops, and it will be available in stores in the coming weeks. As Ron said in the classic brawl scene from the first film: “Come get a taste.” We plan to, Mr. Burgundy.
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues arrives on December 20.
Latest posts by Kate Erbland (see all)
- Review: ‘Horrible Bosses 2’ Owes Everything to Strong Cast Chemistry, Not Recycled Plot - November 25, 2014
- Review: Haunting ‘Foxcatcher’ Hunts Down the Depths of the American Dream [NYFF] - November 14, 2014
- Review: ‘Big Hero 6’ Is the World’s Most Effective Baymax Delivery System - November 6, 2014
- Review: Miles Teller Pounds His Way Into Stunning, Drumming New Levels in ‘Whiplash’ - October 10, 2014
- Review: Overwrought ‘Maps to the Stars’ Can’t Stay on Course [NYFF] - October 6, 2014