One of the most ground breaking and iconic characters of film, television and comic lore is having a birthday – and we want to celebrate! Hard to believe, but 20 years ago, this month, Joss Whedon‘s brainchild Buffy first graced the big screens across America.
In short, Buffy is one in a long line of young girls chosen by fate to battle evil forces in the form of vampires and demons. How and why has this character changed over the course of 20 years, through three different mediums, and at the hands of different writers, directors and actors? Which storylines and themes were carried through the three incarnations, and what semantics changed?
Join the conversation and celebration with guests:
and James Marsters!
2:15-3:15 Buffy Turns 20: Celebrating 20 Years of Buffy the Vampire Slayer— Once upon a time, Buffy Summers became the Slayer, the Chosen One who proved a young heroine could battle the forces of darkness instead of playing damsel in distress. Stars from the hit TV series Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Nicholas Brendon, Clare Kramer) join forces with Dark Horse editor Scott Allie, writer/producer Jane Espenson, illustrator Georges Jentry, and the original Buffy herself (Kristy Swanson, star of the 1992 motion picture), not to mention a surprise guest or two, to celebrate 20 years of slayage. Room 6BCF
Hosted by yours truly, I truly hope to see you there!
Latest posts by Clare Kramer (see all)
- Fill Your Holiday Spirits With These Shows And Movies - December 23, 2016
- An Evening With Game of Thrones Recap - March 20, 2013
- Geek Fashion: Couples Halloween Costumes to Inspire! - October 3, 2012
- Enter To Win GeekNation’s First Annual Halloween Costume Contest (2012) - October 1, 2012
- Geek Fashion: Teeny Tiny Mostly Useless Cute Things! - September 27, 2012