Ah, Conan: Clueless Gamer to Doof Warrior.
Not only is he doing a week of shows from San Diego Comic-Con, he decided to do it in style. While most celebrities take the train, personal drivers, helicopters, or what have you, Andy Richter offered to take the whole crew (including the Basic Cable Band) in the “Doof Wagon” from the summer blockbuster Mad Max: Fury Road. It was complete with Andy as “Immortan Andy,” while O’Brien played some seriously sick licks on a double neck guitar. All of this happened while the Basic Cable Band pounded out some hard driving, road trip-worthy beats as the truck raged on toward the San Diego Convention Center.
Do they have to stop for food? Nope! Thanks to O’Brien’s flaming guitar, there were HOT DOGS FOR ALL! Will you see a welcome sign on fire? Yup! Will you see any other talk show host beat the best entrance to Comic-Con as a cold open (maybe ever)? NOPE!
ON TO LA JOLLA! ON THE FURY ROAD!
I think O’Brien just mic dropped on Jimmy Fallon…the question is, will Fallon accept the challenge?
Just for giggles, I’ll leave you with the behind the scenes video, which includes how they constructed their “Doof Wagon” and the flaming guitar, because it’s too good not to share, and is a laugh in and of itself!
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015