When NBC’s “Heroes” went off the air rather unceremoniously after the conclusion of its fourth season, many fans likely thought they’d be safe in assuming that the show and its characters wouldn’t see the light of day again. When NBC decided to instead bring the show back for a 13-episode revival, though, those thoughts were proven wrong.
Today, on the last day of Comic-Con International in San Diego, NBC premiered a brand new trailer for the series revival, which you can see below.
While the trailer shows the return of several of the series’ original characters – like Mohinder Suresh, Matt Parkman, Noah Bennett, and Mrs. Petrelli — it also seems to have a greater reliance on new characters, which is probably helpful in both appealing to new viewers who may not be too familiar with the show’s original four seasons, and in expanding the universe in which it takes place. The trailer itself should feel a little familiar to comics fans, with a red sky seemingly calling back to the universe-shattering Crisis on Infinite Earths put out by DC Comics in 1985. Still, it looks like it should be an eventful continuation, which will hopefully go over well with fans and newcomers.
While the trailer featured him briefly, fans in attendance at the actual Comic-Con panel got to see a new clip with Masi Oka’s Hiro Nakamura, fulfilling the destiny that was hinted at in the early episodes of the show by featuring him as a katana-wielding bad ass.
“Heroes Reborn” will premiere on NBC on Thursday, September 24th, and will star Zachary Levi, Jack Coleman, and Gatlin Green. For mor eon the show as it develops ahead of its premiere, keep checking GeekNation!
Latest posts by Chris Clow (see all)
- Original ‘Mortal Kombat’ Film Turns 20 Years Old Today - August 18, 2015
- ‘Alien 5′ Production May Be Delayed by ‘Prometheus 2′ - August 18, 2015
- Hugh Jackman Teases Other Comics Characters, Berserker Rage - August 18, 2015
- 343 Industries Responds to Backlash Over No Split-Screen Gameplay in ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ - August 17, 2015
- First Look at ‘Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection’ on PS4 in New Story Trailer - August 17, 2015