A group of gamers are coming together for one straight week of shells, mushrooms, and power stars in order to raise money for a worthy cause.
A gaming organization called TSG.tv, aka “The Speed Gamers,” will be streaming for a total of 168 hours in order to raise awareness and funds for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Their goal is to raise a total of $50,000 by the end of the run, and on their way to that goal they will be playing a veritable greatest hits of both modern and classic games featuring Nintendo’s iconic plumber. Games on their schedule include current gen releases like Mario Party 10, Mario Kart 8, New Super Mario Bros. U, Super Mario 3D World, and Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker. Classic offerings include the original Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario RPG, Super Mario World, Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Galaxy 1-2, and many, many more.
The players are even going a step further: when they reach certain funding goals, they’ll even partake in some crazy antics. For instance, when they hit the $10,000 mark, two of the hosts will eat a marmite and ghost pepper sandwich live on the air. I can almost feel the pain…
See the live Twitch stream in the embed below, or head to the channel directly for more information on how you can donate if possible. GeekNation would like to tip our hats to TSG.tv for taking up this very worthy cause, and wish them nothing but success in their efforts!
Latest posts by Chris Clow (see all)
- Original ‘Mortal Kombat’ Film Turns 20 Years Old Today - August 18, 2015
- ‘Alien 5’ Production May Be Delayed by ‘Prometheus 2’ - August 18, 2015
- Hugh Jackman Teases Other Comics Characters, Berserker Rage - August 18, 2015
- 343 Industries Responds to Backlash Over No Split-Screen Gameplay in ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ - August 17, 2015
- First Look at ‘Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection’ on PS4 in New Story Trailer - August 17, 2015