Rumors ran rampant for a good year or so as to whether or not ultimate Tolkien fanboy Stephen Colbert – whom Peter Jackson decreed “the biggest “Tolkien Geek” I’ve ever met” – would make a cameo in the recently released The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug…
…then he appeared on “The Late Show With David Letterman” this last December 9th with this revelation (which begins around the 1:40 mark).
Not only did Colbert make what he calls a “Where’s Waldo?” like cameo, his wife and sons were included in the fun and now have bragging rights until the world ends.
I doubt they would, but if his kids were ever challenged, I imagine the conversation would go something like this – “Oh, your dad just bought a car they only made seven of? MY dad got me in a Hobbit movie…didn’t even have to audition…because he and Peter Jackson are homies. BOOM.”
But seriously, folks; if these next two clips are any indication, James Franco may be gunning for his own cameo – even though Colbert owned the shiz out of him…TWICE.
I love Stephen Colbert with the heat of Smaug’s firebreath.
Source: Screen Crush
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015