In news that will shock no one, it looks like Shia LaBeouf’s ‘retirement’ has already come to an end less than a month after he announced he was leaving the public eye because of “attacks against his artistic integrity.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, LaBeouf, Kate Hudson, Danny McBride and Zooey Deschanel have joined the cast of an indie comedy called Rock the Kasbah, which already includes stars Bill Murray and Bruce Willis. Barry Levinson (Rain Man, The Natural, Sleepers) is on board to direct.
The project is being produced by Tom Freston and megaproducer Brian Grazer, with an original script by Mitch Glazer (Scrooged). As a comedy fan, it would be hard not to get excited about Murray and Levinson teaming up and screenwriter Glazer couldn’t agree more:
“Bill Murray and Barry Levinson are the perfect team to capture the lunacy, heartbreak and hope of this story. I’m ecstatic.”
The film stars Murray as a down-on-his-luck music manager who visits Afghanistan where he becomes stranded without money or a passport. It is there that he discovers a young singing prodigy and enters her into an American Idol-style reality competition called Afghan Star. I am so on board with this film already, it’s ridiculous.
Levinson had this to say about the casting news:
“I couldn’t have dreamed of a more perfect team of comic actors to round out this wickedly funny and heartfelt film.”
Filming on Rock the Kasbah is set to begin in June.
Are you excited about this film? Let us know in the comments!
Latest posts by Desi Jedeikin (see all)
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode 10 Recap: “The Children” - June 16, 2014
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode 9 Recap: “The Watchers on the Wall” - June 9, 2014
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode 8 Recap: “The Mountain And The Viper” - June 2, 2014
- Adam McKay Probably Won’t Direct ‘Ant-Man’ - June 1, 2014
- James Mangold In Talks To Direct Biopic About Football Star Joe Namath - May 29, 2014