Out of the entire new slate of television shows we can look forward to this year, one of the most interesting and anticipated is AMC’s adaptation of Preacher, created for the medium by Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg, and Sam Catlin. With positive buzz coming out of its premiere at SXSW a few weeks ago as well, with many pointing out its ruthlessly brutal tone and violence, it looks like Rogen and Goldberg’s first real forray into drama may have paid off.
A new teaser for the series premiered online earlier today as well, featuring new looks at the show’s characters including Dominic Cooper’s Jesse Custer, Joseph Gilgun as Cassidy, Ruth Negga as Tulip, Lucy Griffiths as Emily,Ian Colletti as Eugene/Arseface, and more.
Check out the latest teaser below:
Obviously the trailer doesn’t reveal all that much about the new series, but it’s ominous and moody, which is all that it really sets out to accomplish from the beginning. With an enigmatic lead like Dominic Cooper at the forefront of the series though, surrounded by strange characters like Arseface and Jackie Earle Haley’s Odin Quincannon, it’s the kind of comic book adaptation that will either be widely embraced by audiences for its strangeness, or rejected because of it. We’ll have to wait and see.
Preacher will premiere on AMC on Sunday, May 22nd.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016