If you Harry Potter fans were sad when the final book and film were complete, you’re either going to fist pump the air with joy or say “Whaaaaa?” (like I did).
On Friday, the boy wizard’s creator J.K. Rowling made an official announcement via Facebook confirming what we’ve been hearing the last few weeks.
It could be nice learning more about James and Lily Potter (Harry’s parents) as well as the rebellion against Voldemort that lead to their demise AND possibly see more of Snape and his lifelong crush on Lily…IF that’s what we’re gonna get to see. The only thing we know right now is while seasoned theater producers Sonia Friedman (“The Book Of Mormon”) and Colin Callender (“Lucky Guy” on Broadway, starring Tom Hanks) will co-produce with Rowling, Rowling herself will collaborate with a playwright. Said playwright as well as the name of the director have yet to be announced.
But as the project won’t even go into development until 2014 with their sights set on a 2015 premiere, I have a feeling Rowling and co. will take their time and carefully assemble a top shelf team. It goes without saying but (I’m gonna) they better get this right because you can’t edit a live performance and if it bombs, there’s gonna be a lot of sad kids/fans and a lot of angry parents.
I guess we’ll find out in 2015…until then, stay tuned.
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015