Idris Elba’s villainous Krall has remained one of the many mysteries of Star Trek Beyond, which is set to hit theatres next Friday. An alien of an unknown race with a currently unknown mission. About the only thing we know about him, is that he has some kind of moral vendetta against the Federation, though we still don’t exactly know that it is yet.
Now, with less than two weeks to go until Beyond‘s theatrical release, a brand new featurette for the film has been unveiled by Paramount, and this time the spotlight’s entirely on Krall.
Check out the featurette below:
Following a slightly disappointing initial trailer, the promotional marketing and footage coming from Beyond have seemed to just get better and better. Described as being the villainous equivalent to a shark already, it sounds like Krall will be a much different villain for the franchise this time around as well, especially after many were disappointed in how closely Into Darkness stuck to the Wrath of Khan storyline with Benedict Cumberbatch’s portrayal.
As far as I’m concerned though, Idris Elba being in anything is cause for excitement, let alone playing the lead villain in the newest installement of one of the biggest sci-fi properties of all time.
Star Trek Beyond is set to hit theatres on July 22nd.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016