At an exclusive fan event tonight on the Paramount Pictures lot in Los Angeles, Justin Lin, J.J. Abrams, Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, and Karl Urban not only took the chance to pay memoriam to the late great Leonard Nimoy, but also to premiere the new trailer for Star Trek Beyond to a select group of fans and journalists (myself included).
Following the divisive reaction to the film’s first trailer a few months ago, it was clear that the creative team behind the film were dead set on convincing fans that Beyond isn’t going to be just an action movie with Star Trek for its name. Personally, I think the new trailer does that rather spectacularly.
Check out the new trailer below:
With a much more familiar, and old school tone, the trailer just seems to feel more in line with Lin and Simon Pegg’s comments about the film than the first trailer did, which made it look a whole lot more like Star Trek and the Furious, than anyone would have wanted. Including Lin.
Giving more insight not only into the film’s set up, but also Idris Elba’s villain, the film seems like a perfect mix between what J.J. Abrams did in the 2009 reboot, and the original series. Based off of the exclusive footage and scenes I was shown last night as well, something tells me Star Trek Beyond may be more self-reflective than some fans might have though, and may be able to feel like a fitting installment in the series, during the property’s 50th anniversary no less.
Star Trek Beyond is set to hit theatres on July 22nd.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016