Despite facing some serious fan criticisms right off the bat for its release structure, CBS’ new Star Trek reboot TV series has acquired some nice hype and fan anticipation around it over the past few weeks, after signing the spectacular Bryan Fuller on as showrunner, and bringing back Wrath of Khan writer and director Nicholas Meyer to the franchise as well.
It seems like CBS is doing everything they can to bring the right creative team on behind the scenes for the new series at this point, and they’re not off to a bad start at this point.
Joining Fuller, Alex Kurtzmann, and Heather Kadin as well – Rod Roddenberry, son of Trek creator Gene Roddenberry, and Trevor Roth, the COO of Roddenberry Entertainment, have officially signed on to act as executive producers on the new series.
Fuller commented on the news with the following:
“Gene Roddenberry, the Great Bird of the Galaxy, left a finely feathered nest for all who love ‘Star Trek’ to enjoy. And it is only fitting that Rod Roddenberry and Roddenberry Entertainment join our new ‘Trek’ adventure to ensure that his father’s legacy of hope for the future and infinite diversity in infinite combinations runs through our tales as Gene Roddenberry intended.”
This series just seems to get better and better with every announcement.
By bringing on Fuller at the helm, the studio gave fans some kind of assurance that the new Trek reboot would be of high quality, and now by bringing on Roddenberry for the new series, it’s comforting to know that the reboot won’t be forgetting any of its previous incarnations, or what made it so beloved in the first place.
There’s no way to know for sure if this will be the Star Trek series you’ve been waiting for, but if CBS wants to give the series as much of a chance to succeed as they can, then they’re doing a pretty good job of it so far.
The Star Trek reboot series will debut in 2017.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016