The Force is strong with the Star Wars franchise today, and Lucasfilm have thrown fans a bone — or a holocron — by giving us new looks at some of the new players coming to theaters in December with the opening of J.J. Abrams’ Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Arriving exclusively from Vanity Fair, the Dark Side wielder Kylo Ren is finally revealed without the helmet he’s been sporting in the film’s teaser trailers, and Lupita Nyong’o looks hard at work and ready to provide facial and motion capture for her computer generated character. We also get another look at pilot Poe Dameron, fighting for “the Resistance:” conceivably the new incarnation of the original trilogy’s Rebel Alliance. See the images below.
These images definitely help to provide a little more context to the next evolution of the Rebellion vs. the Empire, showing that the protagonists and antagonists are operating with different names for their respective organizations. Still, there’s a lot of familiarity here, and Abrams looks like he wants to make the next step in evolution from the original Star Wars trilogy released between 1977-1983. You can also see that at least two new characters (three if you count BB-8), John Boyega’s Finn and Daisy Ridley’s Rey, will be making the acquaintance of two other luminaries in the Star Wars universe if this Vanity Fair cover is any indication:
Star Wars: The Force Awakens opens in theaters on December 18th.
Latest posts by Chris Clow (see all)
- Original ‘Mortal Kombat’ Film Turns 20 Years Old Today - August 18, 2015
- ‘Alien 5′ Production May Be Delayed by ‘Prometheus 2′ - August 18, 2015
- Hugh Jackman Teases Other Comics Characters, Berserker Rage - August 18, 2015
- 343 Industries Responds to Backlash Over No Split-Screen Gameplay in ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ - August 17, 2015
- First Look at ‘Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection’ on PS4 in New Story Trailer - August 17, 2015