Rian Johnson’s Star Wars: Episode VIII wrapped principal photography back at the end of July earlier this year, but the film is set to begin additional filming early next month, it has been announced, though this is fairly regular and normal with tentpole projects like this. Not nearly as last-minute as the reshoots for Rogue One were, and the behind-the-scenes info from Episode VIII seem to indicate the project is going smoother than any other Star Wars film yet for Disney.
However, it has also been revealed that one actress in the film will be participating in the additional photography more than was previously expected, which could mean a much larger role in Episode VIII for one of the saga’s OT characters than any of us had thought.
New York Comic-Con is reporting that due to new conflicts with her shooting schedule for Episode VIII, Princess Leia herself, Carrie Fisher, will only be able to attend the upcoming convention for one day (H/T io9):
What this means for Leia’s role in Episode VIII is a mystery of course, as are most things regarding the production. However, it seems probable to assume that Fisher will either be reshooting more scenes in the film than was previously thought, or Rian Johnson and co. have added Leia in to the story more than was originally planned. Either way, it looks like one more Original Trilogy character may still have a very large presence in the film.
Star Wars: Episode VIII is set to hit theatres on December 15th, 2017.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016