Since Star Wars: Episode VII was announced and it was confirmed that we’d see a lot of familiar faces returning to a galaxy far, far away, some fans have wondered whether actor Warwick Davis would be among those cast members to make an appearance in the movie. Now, through the official Star Wars YouTube page, a video has been released that answers that question:
So there you have it. This is the kind of thing that Abrams, Kathleen Kennedy, Disney, and Lucasfilm should have been doing since day one: releasing small, cute little videos that actually have solid pieces of real information in them. They don’t have to be flashy – just give the fans something to chew on from an official source, instead of leaving them to scrounge for leaked photos and information that’s damaging to their own enjoyment of experiencing the film.
Now the question becomes if Davis will be playing an Ewok in Episode VII, or if Abrams has something else in mind for him. Considering Davis’ history on screen, it’s extremely unlikely that we’ll see his actual face when the film opens on December 18th, 2015, but based on his size, I’m guessing it’ll be difficult to miss which creature or alien he’s playing. Are you excited about seeing Davis return to Star Wars? Do you think Lucasfilm should be releasing more videos like this to quench the fan thirst for information?
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014