The cast of the next Star Wars movie has been released and as you might expect, the internet is going bonkers.
The announcement was made today by Disney and Lucasfilm on the official Star Wars website, after months of somehow managing to keep the cast relatively under wraps, despite the fact that speculation ran wild on the part of fans.
Every Star Wars fan on the planet is hoping that the force is with this cast, which we now know includes John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow. The newbs will join original stars, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew and Kenny Baker in Star Wars: Episode VII, the highly-anticipated re-launch of the George Lucas sci-fi franchise, which is now owned by Disney.
Boyega and Isaac had been rumored as potential cast members for awhile now, as had the fact that Driver had reportedly been cast as an unnamed villain.
Back in March, Walt Disney CEO Bob Iger said the the film will be set 30 years after the events in Return of the Jedi. The J.J. Abrams directed Star Wars: Episode VII is scheduled to be released Dec. 18, 2015.
Latest posts by Desi Jedeikin (see all)
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode 10 Recap: “The Children” - June 16, 2014
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode 9 Recap: “The Watchers on the Wall” - June 9, 2014
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode 8 Recap: “The Mountain And The Viper” - June 2, 2014
- Adam McKay Probably Won’t Direct ‘Ant-Man’ - June 1, 2014
- James Mangold In Talks To Direct Biopic About Football Star Joe Namath - May 29, 2014