First of all, I kind of hate myself for using the word “selfie” a) at all, and b) in a headline, but Star Wars makes people do some crazy things.
Secondly, in case you didn’t actually read the headline but clicked on this article anyway, Star Wars has officially launched an Instagram account and their first photo out of the gate was a…*shudder*…selfie of one of the most iconic villains in film history.
There’s something very, very wrong about this – Vader should be off destroying planets, not snapping pics of himself – but I can see why Kathleen Kennedy and the folks at Disney/Lucasfilm would want to try to bring their prized franchise into modern times.
Let’s just hope Abrams keeps this kind of cutesy stuff out of Episode VII, or he’ll be hearing fan complaints from this galaxy and maybe even a few that are far, far away.
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014