You may have already seen the premiere of “Star Wars Rebels,” but you didn’t see it like this. Disney has just sent out a press release stating that the company will be broadcasting the TV movie “Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion” on ABC on October 26th at 7:00pm ET/PT, and they’ve added a scene that includes the Dark Lord of the Sith. Dave Filoni, the co-creator and executive producer of the show, had this to say:
We wanted to do something special for the ABC broadcast. We’ve added a scene which gives audiences insight into the Inquisitor and includes a cameo by Darth Vader voiced by the distinguished actor James Earl Jones.
Since “Star Wars Rebels” takes place between Episodes III and IV, a Vader cameo makes perfect sense. Without getting too spoilery, could this new scene add some context for what’s to come in J.J. Abrams’ upcoming Episode VII? It’s possible, so you’ll just have to check it out and then go see Episode VII next year to find out.
For much more on “Star Wars Rebels,” check out our own Far, Far Away podcast, and you can watch the first seven minutes of the series below:
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014