This morning, millions of highly anticipatory fans got to see their very first look at J.J. Abrams’ revival of the Star Wars saga dropping into theaters next December, and it was just enough to whet appetites for months to come, and begin us on the journey towards the film’s eventual release. See the teaser trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens below.
Hinting at both an “awakening” in the Light and Dark sides of the Force, the teaser gave up just enough of a glimpse and hint at the eventual plot as should be expected coming from the normally very secretive process of director J.J. Abrams. His style is rather unmistakable when watching this trailer, giving us undoubtedly new visualizations within the very distinctive Star Wars universe, but with an overall flavor of resonance to what’s come before, particularly the original trilogy.
Seeing a new kind of astromech droid speed across the sand in a more mobile fashion, along with the new models of X-Wing fighters flying in formation, all the way up to the interesting looking new lightsaber and the fabled Millenium Falcon itself, this first glimpse at Star Wars: The Force Awakens certainly establishes a flavor of familiarity, while also hinting at the fact that we’re in all-new territory.
For more on Episode VII as it develops, be sure to keep an eye on GeekNation!
Latest posts by Chris Clow (see all)
- Original ‘Mortal Kombat’ Film Turns 20 Years Old Today - August 18, 2015
- ‘Alien 5’ Production May Be Delayed by ‘Prometheus 2’ - August 18, 2015
- Hugh Jackman Teases Other Comics Characters, Berserker Rage - August 18, 2015
- 343 Industries Responds to Backlash Over No Split-Screen Gameplay in ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ - August 17, 2015
- First Look at ‘Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection’ on PS4 in New Story Trailer - August 17, 2015