Dynamic comedic duo Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly are back at it with a new comedy that should capture the particularly amusing chemistry and magic of their previous starring team-ups, Step Brothers and Talladega Nights.
The Wrap reports that the pair will star in a new film for Sony and Ferrell’s own Gary Sanchez Productions, a feature from screenwriters Andrew Mogel and Jarrad Paul titled Devil’s Night. Much like their previous collaborations, the film will focus on the very special (and eventually very damaged) personal relationship between Ferrell and Reilly’s characters, former best friends who must come together to save their neighborhood.
Set on the eponymous “Devil’s Night” (the night before Halloween – spooky, etc.), the film follows Leonard and Gabe, childhood best pals who loved the night as kiddos, but were eventually split because of something that happened on one of their favorite holiday nights. Fifteen years on, the duo must pair up to help keep their neighborhood safe, as it’s currently at the mercy of the ever-growing holiday and its mischief.
There’s no word yet on when the film will hit theaters, but it seems safe to assume it might scare up an October release.
Latest posts by Kate Erbland (see all)
- Review: ‘Horrible Bosses 2’ Owes Everything to Strong Cast Chemistry, Not Recycled Plot - November 25, 2014
- Review: Haunting ‘Foxcatcher’ Hunts Down the Depths of the American Dream [NYFF] - November 14, 2014
- Review: ‘Big Hero 6’ Is the World’s Most Effective Baymax Delivery System - November 6, 2014
- Review: Miles Teller Pounds His Way Into Stunning, Drumming New Levels in ‘Whiplash’ - October 10, 2014
- Review: Overwrought ‘Maps to the Stars’ Can’t Stay on Course [NYFF] - October 6, 2014