Bryan Q. Miller’s run on the comic book Batgirl is one of my favorite comic book series of all time. The character Stephanie Brown as Batgirl was actually fun, unlike most of the dark and gritty we see permeate DC Comics lately. I’ve felt sad over her lack of appearance in DC’s New 52 comics.
But now she’s back! Smallville Season 11 #5 will present the first time Batman and Superman meet in the Smallville universe. This time, Batman is accompanied by Stephanie Brown, not as Spoiler, Robin, or Batgirl but as Nightwing. Here’s the tagline for this issue…
The hunt for his parents’ killer puts a vigilante known only as “the BATMAN” on a collision course with The Man of Steel…
Fans may recall that the final issue of Miller’s run on Batgirl featured a dream sequence hinting that Stephanie would one day become Nightwing. She looked like this.
Who do you think is missing from DC Comics New 52? And who still needs to show up in the Smallville comic book series?
Latest posts by Nick Langley (see all)
- SDCC 2012: Supernatural Recap - July 20, 2012
- Zombies attack SDCC 2012! - July 14, 2012
- Pathfinder Battles: Heroes & Monsters Miniatures (Review) - July 6, 2012
- Ultimate Comics Spider-Man Volume 1 (Review) - July 3, 2012
- Magic: The Gathering’s Dark Ascension (Review) - June 27, 2012