We recently reported that 24 would be making a return in a potential new series, 24: Legacy. At the time, we knew that Kiefer Sutherland would not be returning as Jack Bauer and no actors had yet been cast for the pilot of the new show. That has changed as Variety is reporting the lead role of Eric Carter has now been cast.
Corey Hawkins has secured the leading role in 24: Legacy. Hawkins recently appeared in Straight Outta Compton with his breakout role as Dr. Dre. He has also appeared in the current season of The Walking Dead as the Alexandrian, Heath, and is slated to star in Kong: Skull Island.
Hawkins’ role as Eric Carter in 24: Legacy will put him square in the middle of the day’s events. He is an Army Ranger and military hero that has returned to U.S. but trouble is hot on his heels. He will seek out assistance from CTU not only to seek their help in protecting him but in the hopes of stopping a large scale attack.
I’m excited to see what Hawkins brings to this new series and who is up next to be added to the cast! 24 was one of my favorite shows and I’m anxious to see a fresh take. Sure, 24 without Jack Bauer will be a little odd and take some getting used to but I’m ready to give it a chance. No release date has been set as the pilot begins filming this winter.
Make sure to check back for all your 24: Legacy updates – right here at GeekNation!
Latest posts by Christopher Skalicky (see all)
- Review: Star Wars Rebels Season 2 Finale – “Twilight of the Apprentice” - March 31, 2016
- Review: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles S4E10 – “Trans-Dimensional Turtles” - March 29, 2016
- Star Wars Rebels Review – S02E20 ‘The Mystery of Chopper Base’ - March 24, 2016
- Star Wars Rebels Review – S02E19 “The Forgotten Droid” - March 17, 2016
- Review: ‘Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD’ S03E12 – “The Inside Man” - March 16, 2016