Based off the trailers and promos for the movie alone, David Ayer’s Suicide Squad is looking more and more like one of the most stylized and darkest comic book films yet, though not in the Batman v Superman ultra-brooding kind of way. The film seems to be mixing its darkness with humor well though at the same time, allowing for not only the characters in the movie to have fun, but the audience members as well, which can be critical for a movie about a team of essentially all bad guys and villains.
Which is also why this news doesn’t really come as that much of a surprise honestly, especially considering how much is riding on Suicide Squad doing well at the box office.
Just a few months ahead of its August release date, the film has officially received a PG-13 rating, it has been revealed for “sequences of violence and action throughout, disturbing behavior, suggestive content and language.” Judging by the footage we’ve seen from the trailers alone, I’d say that sounds about right too.
Ayer has said previously that he’s open to venturing further into the R-rated world with possible sequels or spin-offs, with the studio apparently not only working on a Suicide Squad sequel, but a Harley Quinn spin-off movie as well, centering around her and some of the other notable female characters in the DC Comics Universe. Personally, I hope not, but for right now, a PG-13 Rating seems to be just the right spot for Suicide Squad.
Now, let’s just hope that there isn’t an R-rated “ultimate” edition of this movie lying around anywhere as well, that will be released just a few months after its theatrical run, and begin being promoted before the original cut even hits theatres, okay?
Suicide Squad is set to hit theatres on August 5th.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016