Following the recent rating announcement and a flurry of new photos from the film, two new TV spots for DC’s upcoming Suicide Squad film have debuted, and they’re basically more of the same: dark aesthetics, out-of-the-box song choices, and the tag lines really working the “all villains” dynamic for all its worth. Not that that’s necessarily a bad thing though, as much as it’s just starting to feel a bit repetitive at this point.
Featuring several brief new glimpses at some of the film’s action set pieces, as well as the new DC logo all lit up with the film’s promotional neon colors, the TV spots don’t reveal all that much in terms of footage. Right now though, it’s clear that the studio is just trying to keep anticipation for the movie up as much as they can over the next several weeks until its August release.
Check out the TV spots below:
Word of mouth and test screening reactions surrounding the film have been almost entirely positive at this point, which should come as welcome news for both fans and the studio following the divisive and disappointing reactions to Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice earlier this year. I’m not putting much stock into the screening reactions at this point, and likely won’t until the first press screenings begin, but until then, Suicide Squad is seeming more and more like it might be the 2016 success that the DCCU desperately needs at this point.
Suicide Squad is set to hit theatres on August 5th.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016