Swiss Army Man was one of the best films I saw during my trip to the 2016 Sundance Film Festival, and while its premiere screening quickly gained it some notoriety as “the farting corpse movie,” to write it off as an ode to flatulence and absurdity would be a great disservice. Beneath the frequent explusions of gas lies a unique, original and altogether fascinating examination of loneliness, depression, insecurity and friendship.
A24 acquired the distribution rights for Swiss Army Man shortly after the festival, and have been slowly ramping up their marketing campaign as the summer release date draws closer. Below, you can check out the latest poster for the film.
Following a stranded, suicidal man named Hank (Paul Dano) who forms an unlikely bond with a reanimated body (Daniel Radcliffe), Swiss Army Man is every bit as absurd and preposterous as it sounds. But it’s also incredibly funny and extremely moving, and serves as a brilliant debut for music video directors Daniel Kwan and Daniel Scheinert (known collectively as “The Daniels”).
It’s definitely not a film that will resonate with everyone, but if you like your entertainment just a little bit left of center, then Swiss Army Man should have plenty to offer when it hits theaters on June 24, 2016.
Latest posts by Brent Hankins (see all)
- ‘Constantine’ Gets Stay Of Execution In New Animated Series - January 9, 2017
- ‘Arrow’ Season 5 Resumes With Old, New Faces - January 8, 2017
- ‘Doctor Stange’ Blu-ray Heralds Return Of Thor, Roommate - January 8, 2017
- Thor Finds Hulk, Only To Fight Him In Next Film - January 7, 2017
- FXX Captures ‘Archer’ As It Readies For Crazy Eighth Season - January 7, 2017