Looks like we’ll be getting more of everyone’s favorite cheesy, horror flick! Or is it a disaster flick? Who knows…Sharknado is a definitely a breed all its own. But I digress…
The Syfy network announced today at its upfront presentation, that they have already ordered a third Sharknado movie, even before the Sharknado sequel, Sharknado 2: The Second One, airs on July 30. Guess they have high hopes for the sequel’s success. And why not? According to AdWeek, the first film cost a mere $250,000 dollars and was one of the most buzzed about events of last summer.
In addition to the Sharkado news, Syfy also announced that “Battlestar Galactica”‘s Tricia Helfer will be returning to the network, to star in their upcoming six-hour event series “Ascension.”
Helfer will play Viondra Denniger, in the series. The network described the premise of “Ascension” :
In 1963, the U.S. government launched a covert space mission sending hundreds of men, women and children on a century-long voyage aboard the starship Ascension to populate a new world. Nearly 50 years into the journey, as they approach the point of no return, the mysterious murder of a young woman causes the ship’s population to question the true nature of their mission.
Sounds promising. “Ascension” will be executive produced by “Smallville”‘s Philip Levens and is set to air in November.
What do you think of Syfy’s upcoming projects? Let us know in the comments!
Latest posts by Desi Jedeikin (see all)
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode 10 Recap: “The Children” - June 16, 2014
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode 9 Recap: “The Watchers on the Wall” - June 9, 2014
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode 8 Recap: “The Mountain And The Viper” - June 2, 2014
- Adam McKay Probably Won’t Direct ‘Ant-Man’ - June 1, 2014
- James Mangold In Talks To Direct Biopic About Football Star Joe Namath - May 29, 2014