Wizard World Philly – yay!
Every fan convention is crazy. They are crazy in different ways from con to con, year to year, and – in Wizard World’s case – one location to the next. Austin, Anaheim, Chicago, and Philadelphia all have something unique to offer. Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con included events that have never happened before, notably the 20th anniversary Buffyfest and today’s historic gathering of all five Star Trek TV series captains. All five! Never before in the history of the world has Patrick Stewart driven Kate Mulgrew and William Shatner through a room on a cart.
Questions this con could answer:
- How many questions will Avery Brooks could answer with a smile and simple “yes” or “no”?
- Which starship captain seems the most down to earth?
- How many hugs will Thor star Chris Hemsworth give away?
- Can you believe you watched Spartacus stars for a whole hour while they stayed clothed and unbloodied?
- How many Buffy the Vampire villains can walk in the sunlight?
- Which superheroes do more cosplayers dress up as?
- Where can you find better deals on memorabilia like shirts, statues, and toys?
- Which comic book artist chats while drawing an original picture for you and which gets seriously quiet?
- Which celebrities are the nicest in real life?
- Does Stan Lee ever slow down?
I’ve had a great time here and expect great things tomorrow. I’ll tell you some other time about my chat with Stan “the Man.” If you’re reading this after the convention, look up conventions in your area so you can find out what the hubbub is all about. If you’ve been to a Wizard World but not recently, you should try one again. Things have changed.
Now if you’ll excuse me, I have a GeekNation Wizard World party to get to. Heroes are waiting, you know.
Here are a few of my many convention photos.
Share your convention photos with us if you’d like to see them at GeekNation. Tweet them to us at @GeekNation or link them in your post comments below.