Quentin Tarantino has only directed seven films so far in his storied career, and there was a long gap of time between 1997’s Jackie Brown and 2003’s Kill Bill Vol. 1. But since then, he seems to have been bitten by an inspiration bug, because he’s practically been churning out projects left and right. We’ve seen two Kill Bill films, Death Proof, Inglourious Basterds, and Django Unchained, and now we’ll be seeing his newest film, The Hateful Eight, sometime next year.
Empire has a look at the first teaser poster for the upcoming Western, which the director recently confirmed he would film next. Check it out:
The Hateful Eight has quite the history already. QT wrote the project with the intent of it being his next movie, but when the script leaked online, he got so angry that he said he wouldn’t be making it as a film at all and may turn it into a novel instead. He’s since changed his mind, probably due to the reception of the Live Read of the script that was held in Los Angeles with the potential cast of the film, and as the teaser poster indicates, we’ll be seeing the finished product sometime next year.
Thanks to our awesome video team, you can watch the entire Dynamite Entertainment panel from this year’s Comic-Con, where Tarantino was a guest to discuss his upcoming Django/Zorro crossover comic book. But of course, when the Q&A section began, fans began to ask him about his film work. See him talk about The Hateful Eight, the future of Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair, a new sci-fi idea he has brewing, and more below:
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014