The Paramount marketing team is starting to really gear up for the release of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in the beginning of August, so they cooked up a campaign in which fans could vote for their favorite turtle to reveal a character poster for that character. When all four were revealed, a new trailer would be released, and that just happened a few minutes ago. Take a look at the new trailer and posters below, and follow along even further below for some comments on the trailer.
I have a feeling this is going to be a very weird movie. It has that dark, saturated color palette associated with Michael Bay’s Platinum Dunes production company, but it also has a pretty cartoonish feel as far as the humor and characters go. It’s a strange mixture of two seemingly opposing styles, but hey – I loved the first movie when I was a kid, so maybe this will have the same effect on kids who are growing up now. I don’t think this movie is being made for me anyway, so it’s sort of tough to judge it on those terms – especially from just watching the trailer.
What do you think? Are you going to go see this on August 8th?
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014