After the recent announcements that J.K.Simmons and The Hunger Games‘ Dayo Okeniyi would be joining the cast of Terminator: Genesis, word is out regarding three additional actors that will be joining the cast. Byung-hun Lee, Sandrine Holt, and Michael Gladis have all signed on for the sure-to-be sci-fi blockbuster.
The film also stars Arnold Schwarzenegger who is back as T-800, Emilia Clarke as Sarah Connor, Jason Clarke as John Conner, and Jai Courtney as Kyle Reese. We know that Simmons will be playing a detective who once worked a case that involved Sarah Connor and Okeniyi has been cast as the son of Miles Dyson (who was the creator of Skynet in T2). The roles that the latest cast members will be taking on are so far remaining a secret. However, The Hollywood Reporter is already buzzing that Lee’s part is a “doozy”, which has led to speculation that he might be playing a new Terminator on the scene. With his strong action movie background, it is definitely a possibility.
Lee is best known for his role as Storm Shadow in the G.I. Joe movie, while Gladis and Holt have both made splashes on two of the biggest televisions series around. Gladis played ad man Paul Kinsey on “Mad Men,” while Holt co-starred on the Netflix series “House of Cards” as Robin Wright’s workplace nemesis.
Production on the film, and its two sequels, will begin shortly in New Orleans. Terminator: Genesis is set to hit theaters on July 1, 2015.
What do you think of the latest Terminator: Genesis casting news? Let us know in the comments!
Latest posts by Desi Jedeikin (see all)
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode 10 Recap: “The Children” - June 16, 2014
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode 9 Recap: “The Watchers on the Wall” - June 9, 2014
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode 8 Recap: “The Mountain And The Viper” - June 2, 2014
- Adam McKay Probably Won’t Direct ‘Ant-Man’ - June 1, 2014
- James Mangold In Talks To Direct Biopic About Football Star Joe Namath - May 29, 2014