Terminator franchise creator James Cameron, who’s gone on to direct the biggest blockbusters in cinematic history with the likes of Titanic and Avatar, has often not been kind to subsequent outings dealing with Skynet’s takeover of the world and the obliteration of mankind. In 2003, when Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines was released, Cameron described the third film as “great,” but backpedaled a bit in 2009 after the release of Terminator: Salvation when he would say that he felt his two films were better than the latter two.
Now, though, Skydance and Paramount Pictures have released a new featurette featuring the director, where he has nothing but praise for Alan Taylor’s Terminator Genisys. See it below.
While it may be difficult for some to believe the validity of what Cameron’s saying since this is an official marketing release from the involved studios, it should be encouraging nonetheless. Cameron is often known in Hollywood to be blunt in his opinions, and it should certainly cause ears to perk up when he says that he considers Genisys as “the third Terminator film.” While it’s unfortunate that a lot of the “swerving” the story will take has become such a major part of the marketing push, for Terminator enthusiasts it should prove to be an interesting take on the established continuity of the previous films.
Terminator Genisys will hit theaters on July 1st. For more on the film as we get closer to its release, be sure to keep a tab open to GeekNation!
Latest posts by Chris Clow (see all)
- Original ‘Mortal Kombat’ Film Turns 20 Years Old Today - August 18, 2015
- ‘Alien 5’ Production May Be Delayed by ‘Prometheus 2’ - August 18, 2015
- Hugh Jackman Teases Other Comics Characters, Berserker Rage - August 18, 2015
- 343 Industries Responds to Backlash Over No Split-Screen Gameplay in ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ - August 17, 2015
- First Look at ‘Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection’ on PS4 in New Story Trailer - August 17, 2015