It looks like the original dynamic duo Tim Burton and Michael Keaton may be reuniting to bring the Beetlejuice sequel to life!
According to Variety (via Schmoes Know), the sequel’s script was written by Seth Grahame-Smith and will be produced by his partner David Katzenberg through their company, KatzSmith Productions. Now to be fair, Grahame-Smith recently tweeted “Big news today. Very exciting, and very daunting. Lots of work ahead.” That’s hardly a confirmation, but since the guy DID write the books Pride And Prejudice And Zombies as well as Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (with Burton producing the film adaptation of the latter), my curiosity is well piqued.
Sources say that once Warner Bros. announced they were indeed doing the sequel, Keaton made it known he was interested in donning the striped suit once again…but as everyone knows, Tim Burton’s a little gunshy when it comes to sequels, so it was a bit of a surprise to hear he may be coming back, too. But because of Burton and Grahame-Smith’s previous working relationship (and the fact that Michael Keaton is just an all-around badass) that could be a reason why Burton is open to the idea of doing another sequel (his last one being Batman Returns).
But just like everything else in Hollywood, I’ll believe it when I SEE it.
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015