As far as I’m concerned, Ana Lily Armipour’s A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night is one of the most interesting, exciting, and artistic directorial debuts of the past few years. The film has garnered a cult following ever since its release as well, and while her newest film, The Bad Batch, boasts much more well-known stars in Jason Momoa, Jim Carrey, and Keanu Reeves, it certainly doesn’t look any less strange.
Ahead of its TIFF and Fantastic Fest screenings, but following its Venice premiere, two new clips from The Bad Batch have been released online, and make no mistake, the film’s central, cannibalistic desert community looks unlike any other world we’ve seen onscreen before.
Check out the clips below:
The clips obviously don’t boast much in terms of plot or story, though early reviews seem to indicate that the film is almost completely silent with very little dialogue, but it does well introducing us to both Jason Momoa and Suki Waterhouse’s characters, and providing us with the film’s first, strange tone and look. It honestly seems like some strange cross breed between Mad Max: Fury Road and Spring Breakers, and that’s basically all I need in order to see it.
The Bad Batch does not currently have a release date.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016