This may be old news to some of you – indeed, this featurette originally appeared in the special features of the 2004 release of the original Star Wars trilogy on DVD – but for those who didn’t purchase that particular version of George Lucas’ seminal space western classic, LucasFilm has released it on its official YouTube page for the rest of us to check out.
“The Birth of the Lightsaber” covers the history, creation, and visual effects of science fiction’s most famous weapon, and it features interviews with George Lucas, Mark Hamill, and sound designer Ben Burtt as they talk about the various stages of the lightsaber throughout the original trilogy and beyond.
Longtime fans of Star Wars probably knew a lot of that information, but it’s still cool to hear straight from the mouths of the filmmakers about their thoughts and decisions that went into creating this legendary laser sword.
Does it really get any cooler than a lightsaber? Which weapon would you choose to have if you lived in a science fiction movie universe?
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014