The female lead will be played by British actress Annabelle Wallis, who I’m guessing landed the role for reasons other than her first name, because she does have some serious acting pedigree. Wallis is the niece of Richard Harris and has more than one BBC credit to her name, including the upcoming miniseries “Fleming: The Man Who Would be Bond.” The Wolf of Wall Street‘s Ward Horton is also set to star.
The Conjuring‘s cinematographer John Leonetti will direct Annabelle, while The Conjuring‘s director James Wan is adding this to his busy schedule as a producer (Wan is also directing the upcoming seventh entry in the Fast & Furious franchise).
Annabelle tells the “real life” story of two nursing students who claimed their doll was haunted by a ghost. Enter ghost hunters Ed and Lorraine Warren, who discover the doll is actually possessed by an evil demon who is attempting to take young girl’s souls. Horror movie involving dolls? I’m on board, even if it is super low budget. That actually almost makes it better for me.
A sequel to the The Conjuring is also in the works, so it looks like we could have our next huge horror franchise on our hands. And in case you missed it last year, one of our writers visited the real Lorraine Warren’s home and saw the real Annabelle doll with her own eyes, so check out her write-up of that experience.
Do you plan on checking out this spin-off? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!
Latest posts by Desi Jedeikin (see all)
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode 10 Recap: “The Children” - June 16, 2014
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode 9 Recap: “The Watchers on the Wall” - June 9, 2014
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode 8 Recap: “The Mountain And The Viper” - June 2, 2014
- Adam McKay Probably Won’t Direct ‘Ant-Man’ - June 1, 2014
- James Mangold In Talks To Direct Biopic About Football Star Joe Namath - May 29, 2014