Christopher Nolan and his team did a fairly exceptional job when it came to coming up with new designs for Batman’s vehicles in The Dark Knight trilogy, and while none probably can quite match The Tumbler, there’s no denying that the films’ version of the Batpod sits right up there near the top as well, as one of the cooler and more memorable twists on the comic book lore that appeared throughout the three films.
Introduced in The Dark Knight, the Batpod appeared again steadily throughout The Dark Knight Rises as well, and now without Christian Bale or Anne Hathaway to ride it, it the film’s version of the vehicle recently went up for auction and sold for a fairly ridiculous price.
Where estimates and the sale price for the vehicle had placed it at around $80,000 – $110,000, the actual prop ended up selling for much, much more than that when someone purchased the vehicle for a whopping $406, 184. Yes, in case you were wondering, someone did just spend almost half a million dollars on Batman’s batpod from The Dark Knight Rises. Here’s the kicker too: it’s not even in working condition anymore.
Well, it’s only missing a few key parts anyways, before it’s ready to go down the road again, if anyone was actually brave enough to try and take that thing for a spin in public. According to reports, the vehicle is currently only missing a throttle controls, a battery, and a fuel pump, but comes equipped with a Honda 750-cc engine.
So basically, there’s someone out there right now that really, really loves Batman.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016