With the final show in their four-series lineup currently in production right now, questions about when fans could expect to see Marvel and Netflix’s highly-anticipated The Defenders miniseries event, which will team up the cast of Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist, were bound to start showing up more rapidly. Especially following the announcement of its showrunners several months ago as well.
Now, in addition to the Iron Fist and Luke Cage trailers revealed during their TV panel, Marvel has officially released a small, teaser trailer for The Defenders as well, which more than anything else just confirms its 2017 release date.
Check it out below:
The amount of attitude and tone in this brief teaser alone, is just even more proof of how much weight and gravitas Marvel and Netflix have brought to these four series. I’m assuming, based on that voice and line as well (“You think the four of you can save New York? You can’t even save yourselves.”) that Scott Glenn’s Stick will be showing up in the series at some point, which does beg the question of which supporting characters from each of the shows we can expect to see pop up throughout Defenders as well.
For now though, at least we know when to expect it.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016