We already knew that the cast for David Lynch’s Twin Peaks revival on Showtime was going to be incredible a few months ago, when Kyle MacLachlan and several other members of the original cast were confirmed to be returning, along with notable new additions like Naomi Watts, Ashley Judd, and more.
Turns out though, it just got even better.
Deadline revealed the entire cast for the new series online today, in conjunction with the revival series wrapping principal photography. Basically, prepare to have your mind be blown, because I cannot hype this cast up enough:
So these new additions include Monica Belucci, David Duchovny (confirmed to return), Michael Cera, David Koechner, Trent Reznor, Eddie Vedder, Tom Sizemore, Sara freakin’ Paxton, Matthew Lillard, Jim Belushi, and more. That’s not even to mention the already announced cast members like the previously-mentioned Watts, Judd, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Amanda Seyfried, and more.
Is there any particular reason for both Nine Inch Nails‘ Reznor or Pearl Jam‘s Vedder to be on this list? Honestly, I have no idea. But I’m 100% okay with it. Which raises a very important question: is the Twin Peaks revival going to go down as having the best cast in television history? Answer: I don’t know. It’s up there, but at the very least, it might just be the strangest.
The Twin Peaks revival will air on Showtime next year.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016