If you’ve been waiting to see a Deadpool trailer that doesn’t come from a shaky-cam that pushes you to the boundaries of puking, then your patience is about to pay off.
According to IGN, two new trailers for the forthcoming 20th Century Fox film featuring Marvel’s Merc With a Mouth will be arriving next week. The restricted red-band trailer will premiere on the Tuesday, August 4th episode of “Conan” on TBS. A green-band trailer for general audiences will follow three days later, on Friday, August 7th. If you’re looking for which trailer will be more representative of the final film when it’s released in February, it will most certainly be the restricted version. The adult humor and overall R-rated material that came out of the 20th Century Fox presentation at Comic-Con had hundreds of fans enthralled and hysterical, and will most certainly be fully deserving of its hard “R” once its released.
One of the more anticipated comic book movie releases, Deadpool had been lingering in development hell for a few years until excitement in the project was kickstarted by the leak of some CGI test footage. Starring Ryan Reynolds (reprising his role from 2009’s X-Men Origins: Wolverine), Deadpool is based off of the highly popular Marvel character created by Fabian Nicieza and Rob Liefeld, and will also star Morena Baccarin, Ed Skrein, T.J. Miller, and Gina Carano. Among the craziness that fans can expect? “Graphic, expertly-lit French Unicorn sex,” according to Reynolds.
Deadpool will hot theaters on February 12th, 2016. For more on the film as it develops further, keep it locked on GeekNation!
Latest posts by Chris Clow (see all)
- Original ‘Mortal Kombat’ Film Turns 20 Years Old Today - August 18, 2015
- ‘Alien 5’ Production May Be Delayed by ‘Prometheus 2’ - August 18, 2015
- Hugh Jackman Teases Other Comics Characters, Berserker Rage - August 18, 2015
- 343 Industries Responds to Backlash Over No Split-Screen Gameplay in ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ - August 17, 2015
- First Look at ‘Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection’ on PS4 in New Story Trailer - August 17, 2015