Fans have been waiting for Gypsy to come to The CW’s The Flash. And now she’s here – in the form of Sleepy Hollow actress Jessica Camacho.
The news, according to The Wrap, was shared by Carlos Valdes during a digital teaser for the series called Fan Feast.
“DC Comics fans will be familiar with Gypsy. She is going to be coming in our world and Vibe will definitely get to learn some new skills as part of getting to know her. So I’m excited to see how that plays out.”
Valdes playes Cisco Ramon in the series, which stars Grant Gustin in the title role. Vibe is the alter ego metahuman to Cisco, also played by Valdes.
Although not the most politically correct name out there, Gypsy was first introduced in 1984, and has the ability to turn herself invisible, cast illusions, and even predict the future. Her Flash appearance would be the first time Gypsy has been part of a live-action series or film, although she has appeared in some of the animated DC productions in the past.
Camacho played FBI agent Sophie Foster in 14 episodes of the Fox series Sleepy Hollow. She also was a regular in the short-lived ABC series Last Resort, and appeared in a number of shows including Longmire, Nikita and even The CW’s Frequency.
The Flash airs Tuesdays on The CW. The winter finale was Dec. 6, and the show returns with new episodes on Jan. 24.
Latest posts by Michael Hinman (see all)
- ‘Fantastic Beasts’ Magically Turns Dumbledore Into Jude Law - April 14, 2017
- Josh Brolin Pulls Double Duty, Taking On Cable - April 13, 2017
- Worf Actor Rejects ‘Discovery’ Appearance Over Money - April 13, 2017
- The Tricorder Is Here: Self-Funded ER Doc Wins X Prize - April 13, 2017
- ‘Boss Baby’ Still Box Office Boss … But Not For Long - April 10, 2017