The upcoming third season of The Flash is set to take on “Flashpoint,” one of the comic books’ most iconic storylines, in a fairly interesting way as Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) must decide whether he’s willing to give up everything he’s ever known and his old life for this new, alternate reality version that he’s created by saving his mother’s life, and taking the Reverse-Flash prisoner. Basically, Barry messed up, but it might take him a little bit to figure that out.
Not much is known about the new season other than the “Flashpoint” angle as well, though the new evil speedster was revealed several months ago at the show’s TCAs panel.
Now, in a brand new trailer for the third season as well, we’ve gotten some brand new looks at not only the show’s new villain, but also it’s new hero as well in Wally West’s Kid Flash:
Now, we don’t get to see any of Savitar yet, the season’s main villain, but we do get to see a little bit more of The Rival, Kid Flash’s arch nemesis it looks like, who’s a fairly minor character from the comic books, that not even die hard fans may remember. We know that it won’t take Barry the whole season to fix the Flashpoint problem, but depending on just how long the season spends time on the storyline could very well be one of this season’s largest determining factors of success.
The Flash season 3 will premiere on The CW on Tuesday, October 4th.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016