After finding a new director at the helm with Dope filmmaker Rick Famuyiwa, it appears progress on DC’s standalone Flash movie has begun to gain traction once again over the past several weeks, with new rumors possibly revealing the film’s main villain, and the recent casting of Iris West, Barry Allen’s long-time friend and love interest in the comics and current CW TV show.
It looks like the man that brought Dr. Manhattan to life in Watchmen is going to be staying in the DC Comics world as well, with the latest casting from the solo film.
Variety is reporting that veteran actor Billy Crudup has been cast in the 2018 film as Barry Allen’s father, a role currently played also by John Wesley-Shipp in The Flash TV show. Ezra Miller and Kiersey Clemons are currently attached to star in the film as well, which will be based on a script by former director Seth Grahame-Smith, from a treatment by Phil Lord and Chris Miller.
The Flash will be one of two standalone DC films set to hit theatres in 2018 as well, alongside director James Wan’s Aquaman, which is rumored to be casting right now as well.
Crudup is a well-known name amongst the film community, after giving consistently strong work onscreen for the past several decades now. Last year, he starred in the Best Picture winner Spotlight, and has a number of films making the festival circuit this year, including Mike Mills’ 20th Century Women, one of our most anticipated films of the year, which is set to be the centerpiece film at the New York Film Festival as well.
The Flash is set to hit theatres on March 16th, 2018.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016