With the film’s theatrical release just two weeks away, Walt Disney Pictures have released a new extended, IMAX trailer for director Jon Favreau’s The Jungle Book, the live-action adaptation of the classic story written by Rudyard Kipling, which hopefully, promises to keep the magic of the original animated film alive as well this time around. Something that a few of the studio’s other, recent live-action adaptations haven’t quite accomplished.
The new IMAX trailer gives a much more in-depth look into Mowgli’s interaction/confrontation with Scarlett Johansson’s hypnotizing, canniving Kaa, as we learn the young boy’s origin story, while the snake also simultaneously wraps her body around him.
Check out the trailer below:
So far, the film looks like the perfect mix between the kind of fantasy epic that you want it to be and the fun, lovable adventure of the animated film, which Favreau and co. are clearly borrowing a bit from with this new iteration. The visual effects seem consistently great throughout as well, and as we enter into the summer blockbuster season in the coming weeks, it will be interesting to see how well the film’s gambles end up paying off. Right now, it’s looking more and more like a nice blockbuster palette cleanser amongst all of the other superhero movies coming out this year.
The Jungle Book will hit theatres on April 15th.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016