Their live-action films won’t be the only DC movies getting promoted at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con during the Warner Bros. panel at Hall H tomorrow morning. Nope, because in addition to all of the bigger titles already announced, fans will also get to learn and see more from next year’s LEGO Batman Movie as well, the first spin-off film from The LEGO Movie, which will focus entirely on Will Arnett’s satirical version of the Dark Knight.
Every time that the character has been onscreen or in trailers so far, he’s been wearing his Batman mask (including when he’s talking to a portrait of his parents), but the new poster for the film unleashes the man underneath it as well (kind of).
Take a look for yourself below:
The film is packed to the brim, from the looks of it, with that same recognizable and beloved irreverent wit and tone that made The LEGO Movie such a success. Considering that Arnett’s version of the character was one of that movie’s biggest highlights as well, The LEGO Batman Movie has a chance to be more well-received than even some of the live-action DC films right now. Though it will have to be careful in riding the line between giving fans more of the character, without giving them too much as well, so much so that we end up getting sick of him.
The LEGO Batman Movie is set to hit theatres on February 10th, 2017.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016