The Martian might just be one of the few sci-fi films to combine both science and cinema in such an enjoyably entertaining way. It’s easily one of the most well-reviewed films of the year so far, and based on an already beloved novel by Andy Weir – the film had some big shoes to fill adaptation-wise. However, with Matt Damon’s Mark Watney explaining all of the film’s science in between his sarcasm and jokes, the dialogue flowed in such an easy way, that’s is pretty clear why people have fallen in love with it so much.
The film is packed to the brim with scenes of Damon simply sitting in front of a camera and talking to it, but combining his performance with Drew Goddard’s impeccable screenplay, the scenes are some of the most entertaining of the Fall season so far. Following its theatrical release last week too, a new deleted scene from the film has been revealed online and shows more of Watney using his brains to solve problems, while also poking fun at his crew members in space.
It’s easy to see why the movie most likely cut out a number of these kinds of scenes, and considering how well-paced and precise the theatrical cut ended up being, I’m okay with a few of these being left on the cutting room floor – especially if that means we’ll still get to see them in these kinds of deleted scenes or special features on the DVD or blu ray release. Honestly, all this scene did is make me want to go and see the film again, and I think I might just do that.
The Martian is in theatres now.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016