Have you ever dreamed about stepping into the cockpit of the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs? Thanks to Disney Imagineers, you and the kids in your life may have that chance.
According to InsideTheMagic.net, Disney is bringing the power of the Force to the Disney Cruise Line in the form of a special Star Wars themed area for the Disney Dream ship. Open to children ages 3-12 — and their parents — guests can enter the cockpit of Han Solo’s trusty ship in an experience designed to make you feel like you’re, “joining the Rebel Alliance to assist with navigation, sit in the cockpit, and pilot the ship through hyperspace and trigger lightspeed jumps to different locations around the galaxy.” See the concept mock-up below.
Along with the awesome theming, kids will be able to enjoy crafts and games while watching episodes of “Star Wars Rebels,” completely immersing themselves in the Star Wars universe. Also coming to the cruise line will be the popular “Jedi Training Academy” experience currently being offered inside Disney Parks, where new “Padawans” can use the power of the Force to face off against Darth Vader himself.
The ship is scheduled to go into dry dock on October 4th for about three weeks so that various new experiences, including this one, can be installed. Disney’s already integrated their Marvel properties with “Avengers Academy,” already featured on the Disney Magic ship. To get an idea of the theming’s extent, see the video of that experience below.
Latest posts by Chris Clow (see all)
- Original ‘Mortal Kombat’ Film Turns 20 Years Old Today - August 18, 2015
- ‘Alien 5’ Production May Be Delayed by ‘Prometheus 2’ - August 18, 2015
- Hugh Jackman Teases Other Comics Characters, Berserker Rage - August 18, 2015
- 343 Industries Responds to Backlash Over No Split-Screen Gameplay in ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ - August 17, 2015
- First Look at ‘Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection’ on PS4 in New Story Trailer - August 17, 2015