If you watched the Thanksgiving episode of “Bob’s Burgers” (“Turkey In A Can”), you were given a special treat around 17 minutes into the episode in the form of an impromptu song about a gravy boat, courtesy of Bob’s wife, Linda (John Roberts) and her sister, Gayle (guest star Megan Mullally), titled “Sailors In Your Mouth.”
And although it was less than ten seconds long, it was enough.
Besides seeing concept art, BTS footage, and cast table reads on the writers’ official blog, Behind Bob’s Burgers, there’s an amazing section known as “Bob’s Buskers” where musicians take songs from the show (like “Bad Tina”) and give it their own spin.
Last year, Brooklyn-based band The National (writer Scott Jacobson directed one of their videos back in 2010) became part of a series when they gave their take on “The Thanksgiving Song” from last year’s Thanksgiving episode…
…and now they’re back with their take on “”Sailors In Your Mouth”
Quite possibly the best thing I’ve heard this year!
(And because I love you, here’s “The Thanksgiving Song” from last year’s episode, “An Indecent Thanksgiving Proposal”)
Here’s hoping you had a great Thanksgiving, Thanksgivukkah (which won’t happen again for 70,000 years, so hope you had a BLAST!), Thursday off from work (or getting time and a half or double time FOR working)!
Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got leftovers to put in my mouth.
(Thanks to Hitfix for the heads up.)
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015