From the very beginning, Shane Black’s The Nice Guys was setting itself up to be one of the most anticipated wild cards of this year’s summer blockbuster season. Coming from the veteran writer and director, the film stars Ryan Gosling and Russell Crowe as an odd couple detective duo, investigating an apparent suicide in Los Angeles that takes them into a web of lies and conspiracies they might not have been prepared for.
Infused with Black’s signature love of the genre, as well as his keen eye for oddball, slapstick-level physical comedy and dialogue, the movie looks like one of the most fun times you’ll have in a theatre this year. At the very least, you’ll get to see Ryan Gosling and Russell Crowe beat up a lot of people in 1970s Los Angeles, which can’t be a bad thing, right?
Check out the film’s final trailer below:
Honestly, this looks like it’s taken all the best elements of Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang (one of my all time favorite films) and amplified it by ten, with even more slapstick humor and a new, candy-colored coating. Gosling and Crowe seem like they’ve suitably taken the mantle that Robert Downey Jr. and Val Kilmer held in the previous film as well, and plus, it’s nice to see both typically dramatic actors get to flex some of their comedic chops here.
I can’t wait for The Nice Guys, and I dare anyone to watch this latest trailer without it giving you a big, ridiculous smile.
The Nice Guys is set to hit theatres on May 20th.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016