The Revenant is setting itself up to be one of the most unique films of the entire year. Following the visceral and breathtaking trailers have already been released, Alejandro Gonzalez-Innaritu looks like his follow up to last year’s Birdman, will not only live up to the former’s success and critical-acclaim, but has the possibility of even surpassing it. Featuring some incredibly gorgeous visuals and possible Oscar-worthy performances from Leonard DiCaprio and Tom Hardy too - The Revenant is a film that should be on everyone’s radar.
A new official poster for the movie was finally released online earlier today, and instead of the close-up, intimate shots of the actors that we’ve become used to, the poster instead swaps in an amazing shot of the movie’s main landscape, and if there’s one thing that we can saw that this movie is going to be with absolute certainty – its beautiful.
Check out the poster below: The movie looks very reminiscent of Quentin Tarantino’s The Hateful Eight from a visual standpoint and while the two movies could not appear to be any more different both story-wise and tonally – they both boast incredible and jaw-dropping visuals, set in the Western genre. While QT’s Hateful Eight looks cinematic and familiar for fans of the filmmaker though, The Revenant looks brutally real and artistic in a very different way, and it’ll be interesting to see where these two land when they duke it out this December.
The Revenant is set for a limited release on December 25th, before expanding wide on January 8th, 2016.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016