Over the past ten years, fighting games have become a booming source of entertainment, both as video games you can play for your own recreation and as battlegrounds where you can watch cyber athletes compete for tournament glory (and sweet, sweet cash). Yes, video game players can compete against one another in big money tournaments.
Our first video today shows Iplaywinner’s coverage of The Runback‘s Season 1 finale, featuring legendary fighting game competitors known as Combofiend, Clockw0rk, and Alex Valle. These marvelous players duked it out in King of Fighters XIII and Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 along with the top-tier commentary of Ultra David and James Chen.
In our second video we have Justin Wong’s unbelievable victory from EVO 2007.
What video game would you love to play in a tournament – even if that almost means wishing you were a lot better at playing the game?
Latest posts by Alex Langley (see all)
- It’s Never Over: EVO 2012 SFIV AE featuring Justin Wong and Daigo Umehara - July 11, 2012
- It’s Never Over: Saturday Night Snapback 4.6 - July 10, 2012
- Top Ten Must-Have Mods for Skyrim - July 4, 2012
- Dwarfs!? Real Time Strategy Game Review! - June 26, 2012
- Nuclear Launch Detected: Stefano vs. MC (6/2012) Starcraft 2 Tournament - June 20, 2012